American Express® Gold Card Reviews & Info
The American Express(r) Gold Card provides you with a fantastic points-based rewards program (1X per dollar spent 2X for flights and purchases at restaurants) and an amazing Welcome Bonus of up to 50,000 points when you make a minimum purchase of $4,000 within the first three months following the account’s opening.
- Telephone: 1-800-528-4800
- E-Mail: Live chat available after signing in.
- Mailing Address: American Express P.O.Box 981540 El Paso, TX 79998-1540
1X point per dollar you spend on eligible purchases. 1 additional point per purchase for flights and restaurant purchases.No fees for interest if you make your payment in full and there are no foreign transaction charges.
Early Spend Bonus
Earn 50,000 points when you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first three months following opening the account.$0 cost during the beginning of the year.
This American Express Gold Card is an option that is mid-range for those looking for American Express Membership Rewards points. Certain cards provide bonuses to dine-out and other bonuses are designed for U.S shopping, but this American Express Gold Card is an industry leader, with 4 Membership Rewards for every dollar spent for virtually everything you consume or drink.
The downside? The cost is $250 per year that cannot be waived during the initial year. In theory, this cost is justified by the rewards that the card provides. You’ll earn as much as $120 in dining credits, and the possibility of earning up to $120 in Uber Cash.
But, it’s not as straightforward. The $120 dining credit is to be redeemed in 10 monthly increments. It’s only available at a limited number of restaurants and delivery services and is subject to enrollment.
The Uber Cash card must be used at a maximum that is $10 per month. This only applies to rides as well as Uber eating out within the U.S. You must also connect your card with the Uber account.
The card is able to share travel benefits by sharing them with five cardholders who are authorized without additional cost. Users could be as young as 13 therefore this is an excellent card for families to use.
At a Glance
- Annual fee of $250
- 4 . Membership Rewards Points for each dollar spent in restaurants and U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 for the calendar year, and then 1 point for every dollar)
- The annual credit on statements for restaurants with a valid license and can be redeemed for as little at a rate of $10 per month.
- Secondary damage to a car rental as well as loss and insurance on rental vehicles that are eligible
- Amount of $120 annually in Uber cash credits, or $10 per month
- No foreign transaction fees
This card Amex Gold card has the below structure of rewards:
- Four Membership Rewards points for every dollar in restaurants, including take-out and delivery. Four Members Rewards points for every dollar in U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases, and then 1 point per $1) three Membership Rewards points for every dollar for flights booked directly through airlines or via American Express Travel, and 1 point per dollar for all other purchases that are eligible
In addition to the traditional rewards In addition to the usual rewards, in addition to traditional rewards, the American Express Gold Card offers $120 worth of dining credits per year for restaurants that are eligible, including Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, Boxed and delivery services Grubhub and Seamless. The credit is required to be used in monthly increments of $10, and you need to sign up for the benefits, which makes it more difficult to make use of.
Cardholders also get $10 each month Uber cash when they sign up with a gold-certified card that is eligible to be added to their Uber account to earn up to $120 per year that can be used to purchase Uber Rides and meals within the U.S.
Furthermore, Amex Gold also offers a welcome bonus. Amex Gold offers the following welcome offer in the form of 60,000 Membership Rewards rewards once you make a purchase of $4,000 using your new credit card within the first six months of membership.