Amex Everyday Preferred Credit Card
The Amex Everyday Preferred Card is provided through American Express and offers its holders a rewards program that rewards points (3X points for purchases at supermarkets, 2X on gas stations, and 1X on all other purchases) and the opportunity to earn 30,000 points as a welcome bonus if you make purchases worth $2,000 within the first three months.
Review: Amex EveryDay Preferred
- The average initial reward. Spending at least $1,000 in the first three months with this card. Amex every day (r) Preference Credit Card earns you 15,000 points, which is worth approximately $120, as per WalletHub research. To put it in perspective, this is less than the average reward offered in terms of miles or points (27,156) and is only slightly less valuable than the typical Cash-Back Bonus ($206) in accordance with the latest WalletHub report on the Credit Card Landscape Report. That’s why you shouldn’t be able to get Amex EveryDay Preferred just for the first bonus on its own.
- Very complex Regular reward. There are many moving parts in the Everyday Preferred Card’s reward program which is ongoing. The basic rates are 3 points per $1 on food items as well as 2 points per dollar for gas and one point per $1 for all other items. The top rate is applicable for the initial $6,000 that you spend in U.S. supermarkets every year. Bonus fuel rewards are only offered in U.S. gas stations. But that’s not all. The number of purchases that you make is also important. If you have at least 30 purchases within the course of a month, you’ll earn 50 percent of the rewards you earn that month. Therefore, the 3 point supermarket earning rate is 4.5 points, and the 2-point gas rate is now 3 points, and the list goes on. So when you use the card on a daily basis, you’ll earn 3.6 percent cashback on your groceries, 2.4% back on gas, and 1.2 percent for everything else. The three rates of earning are more than the average of 1.11 percent cashback. It’s evident that those whose primary expenses in the day include groceries and gas are the best beneficiaries of the benefits of EveryDay Preferred.
- A steep annual fee. Most of the most rewarding reward credit cards have no annual fees altogether or completely eliminate fees the first year that an account is opened. The typical credit card market charges an annual fee of $20. The Amex Everyday Preferred card is slightly different offering an annual fee of $95 starting from the start. However, the rewards aren’t meeting the price of the fixed fee.
- No special financing features. Amex EveryDay Preferred has an intro APR of zero percent during 12 months for any new purchases, which is a bit higher than what is typical for the 0% credit card. But a lot of credit cards come with zero intro rates for at least the same time period as they do, and a lot of them don’t have EveryDay Preferred’s annual fees. In addition, the EveryDay Preferred Card’s APR is likely to be in line with an excellent credit card. But it may also be significantly higher than average for credit cards that cater to those who have fair credit. It won’t bring you any benefits when you carry a balance between months.
- Unsuitable for international purchases. Not only is American Express accepted in far smaller locations as Visa and Mastercard and Mastercard, but this particular Amex has an additional 2.7 percent foreign transaction fee. Although you don’t make purchases with international-based merchants every day and every day, making use of Amex EveryDay Preferred whenever you do is an expensive mistake. There is a variety of free foreign transaction credit cards to pick from.
- A credit score of at least minimum credit score. Not just anyone is eligible to apply for this card. Amex EveryDay Preferred Card is given its credit score of excellent or good. It is recommended that you verify your scores on WalletHub prior to applying in the event that you decide to apply.
Amex EveryDay Preferred’s Rewards
- Get 15,000 Member Rewards(r) Points when you make 1,000 purchases within the first three months of Membership.
- 3x points in US supermarkets, for the utmost of $6,000 on purchase (then 1x) two points when you shop in U.S. gas stations and on booking travel through amextravel.com 1x point for other purchases. Conditions and restrictions apply.
- Make use of your Card at least 30 times on purchases within a billing cycle and earn 50 percent more points on these purchases, fewer credits, and returns. The terms and conditions apply.
- Earn rewards using points from over 500 of the most popular brands for gift cards, travel, or merchandise. You can transfer points into an array of frequent-traveler rewards.
- You can apply Rewards points from your Membership Rewards(r) points to pay for any charges that are eligible for your card, including food, entertainment, and many more.
Amex EveryDay Preferred’s Key APRs & Fees
|Purchase Intro APR||Transfer Intro APR||Regular APR|
|0% for 12 months||Balance Transfers Not Allowed||12.99% – 22.99% (V)|
Amex EveryDay Preferred’s Additional Info
|MAX LATE FEE||$40|
|MAX PENALTY APR||29.99% (V)|
|GRACE PERIOD||25 days|
|5% (min $10)|
|SMART CHIP||Yes, chip-and-PIN|
- Two different options to pay down your balance. Take advantage of the Pay It® option to pay small purchases of less than $100 or you can Plan It® to pay purchases of $100 or more, for a fixed monthly fee. Terms Apply.
- Get free 2-day shipping on eligible items at a growing network of 100+ online stores with ShopRunner. Enroll in complimentary membership as a benefit of your eligible Card.
- Take advantage of Travel, Shopping & Entertainment benefits. Terms apply.
- Last updated on 11/24/2021
Customer Questions and Answers
Aren’t finding what you’re searching for? Send your query regarding Amex every day (r) Preference Credit Card to our members. Editorial and user-generated content are not reviewed, provided, or approved by the company that issued this card.
People Also Search
|amex everyday preferred points||is amex everyday preferred worth it|
|amex everyday preferred annual fee||amex everyday preferred 30k|
|amex everyday preferred upgrade offer||amex blue cash preferred review|
|amex everyday preferred foreign transaction fee|
|amex everyday preferred points||is amex everyday preferred worth it|
|amex everyday preferred credit card reviews & info solutions||amex everyday preferred foreign transaction fee|
|amex blue cash preferred review||amex everyday preferred 30k|
|amex gold card||amex everyday preferred 30k|
Is the AMEX EveryDay card hard to get?
The Amex Everyday approval rates are good for those with a 700+ credit score. That means that you have to have at least a good credit score to even have a chance of being approved. However, the creditor will consider other factors when considering the application.
Does Amex every day prefer to have an annual fee?
As compared to many different American Express cards that earn Membership Rewards points, the Amex every day (r) preferred credit Card is issued by American Express charges a more pleasant annual fee of $95.
Do you have to pay Amex EveryDay card in full?
American Express cardholders can now make use of the Pay It and Pay It, It as well as pay Over Time features. These programs offer the flexibility of cardholders that normally need to pay their balances in full each month. In the end, paying in full is the most effective method to avoid interest and charges.